Be aware of the process of boredom
- Boredom enters our lives unknowingly as culture, tradition, pleasure, love or basic acceptance.
- Boredom is then perpetuated by family, friends, culture, authority, patriotism, freedom, faith and or belief.
- Boredom is then reacted upon as a social and personal reality.
- Boredom then becomes a habitual reaction, seen as normal, necessary and to be avoided.
- The failure to achieve a personal goal.
- Excessive eating or lack of exercise or mental stimulation.
- Recreational sex.
- Social crime and personal neglect as in hygiene, family or personal responsibility. Or a sense of idleness, life passing you by.
- Firstly, being aware of ourselves is primary; how boredom is accepted as in observing the process by which we come in contact with it.
- Be mindful of your reaction to failure in not reaching a goal.
- What is your reaction to isolation and stagnation? What do you do? (have sex, sulk, shop, play video's, drink etc.)